Friday, April 17, 2009

100th Post EXTRAVAGANZA!

Happy Friday, y'all!

What better way to celebrate a 100th blog post than to announce marathon plans!

That's right...if the planets align (read: if the race director emails me back and I pony-up an additional $5) I will be running the Hatfield McCoy Marathon on June 13th.

I am currently registered to run the half, but this is a "down home" race and transferring my registration shouldn't be an issue.

I made this decision after searching for marathon training schedules, with the intention of running a marathon in the fall.

But when I looked at the 18 week schedules and cross-referenced my own training for the past couple of months, I discovered that I am right on par with the my training to run my first marathon in 8 weeks.

So, the next eight weeks are going to be interesting.

I have no words to describe how thrilled I am. This is going to be an incredible challenge, but I'm up for it.

Seriously, no words.

Tomorrow I'll hit the ground running with 15 miles, a distance PR for me.

!!!

Also, thank you all for the shin splint advice...I'm icing and got some new shoes:


Same as the old ones--Brooks Defyance 2. I didn't want to take a chance. I luuuuurve these shoes.

Today I'm working at home, going to the dentist and watching a documentary on the Iditarod.

Wild!

Hope you all have a good one!

9 comments:

  1. You are crazy girl!!! I am so excited for you and can't wait to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Luck!! I bet that race will be hilly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy 100th post! wow that would be amazing! you are a running machine girly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An Iditarod documentary- sounds awesome! I watched about 5 in the last week, and am getting slightly burnt out, but that excites me again. Uh... best to you with the marathon... (I can't say I've ever been tempted to try one!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! This is Sally from soccer memories long past. I found your blog and absolutely LOVE it. Omigoodness, you are so funny. I love running but there is no way I could make it sound entertaining! You seriously need to find a career in writing! Good luck with the marathon training; you can totally rock it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck!! I love getting new runners, those ones look brand-spankin' new!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all so much for the support!!!

    Sally- WOW, HI! I'm so glad you like my blog! We've come a long way from youth soccer, haven't we :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy 100th post!

    Good luck on the 15 miler, and CONGRATS on signing up for a marathon!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy 100th post!!

    Just found your blog and so happy I did! I loveeee reads about running.

    Can't wait to hear about the marathon!

    ReplyDelete