Monday, February 23, 2009

The Free Meal Blues


Operation Fit-in-Bikini is really losing it's charm...dieting is no fun.

I'm currently on a calorie cycling schedule which keeps me pretty satisfied. There are no built in "free days" (entire days when I suspend calorie counting and just go hog wild), and I think this is for the best.

I thought it would be prudent to have at least one "free meal." Metabolically, it's nice to keep your body guessing: switch up your caloric intake to jump start more weight loss...and after all, doing the same thing and expecting different results is the definition of insanity.

Oh, I switched it up alright:

- Friday: Favorite Mexican restaurant = chip binge.
- Saturday: Quiznos (not so bad), homemade chili (not so good) and chocolate cake (very bad)
- Sunday: KFC buffet at a birthday party (no explanation needed)

Granted, I had a deficit to make up after Saturday's run, but methinks I overdid it.

Now I'm back on the wagon.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for commenting on my blog! There are a lot of things I can relate to on yours from reading so far! I've been wondering about calorie-cylcing as well. Do you have any info on it? I tend to have a run of lower-cal days and then find myself eating more than usual every 2 or 3 weeks. I don't know if I should try to break this habit or just roll with it!

    ReplyDelete