Monday, March 16, 2009

Weekend Notes

- The Rodes City run is Saturday! It's my first 10k and it's gonna be huge.

- My long run yesterday consisted of 9.3 miles. It was a great day for running-- 50 degrees and overcast.

- My shin felt fine after the first .5 mile. Weird...

- I watched two movies this weekend: "Taken" and "The Transporter 3." Both movies followed my favorite film constructs: singular badass punches, kicks and headbutts his way through a foreign city all in the name of ________ (the motivation is really secondary).

Bonus points if the main character uses non-lethal accoutrement in lethal ways. Yes, I am a woman of simple movie tastes.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad your shin splints weren't bothering you! Are you breaking in new shoes, or do you think this is just from this hills last weekend? That's a great run, I can't wait to hear how the 10K goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm glad too...I think it was the hills that did me in. Yesterday's run was really flat thankfully!

    ReplyDelete