Friday, March 6, 2009

Bad Runs and Rock of Love

Happy Friday!

Well, as I semi-predicted yesterday, my 3 "easy" miles on the treadmill felt like pure, screaming hell.

I'm sure there were a few contributing factors to my less than stellar run...
1) My stomach was really sloshy
2) It was hotter than a brick factory in my gym
3) The lady next to me was coveting my treadmill with a TV and giving me the side-eye
4) "Rock Of Love Bus" was the only thing on TV

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with Rock of Love...well, actually there is a whole heap of things wrong with Rock of Love. But I don't want to set myself up to look like a hypocrite, because I may or may not be going to a Bret Michaels concert in two weeks.

And by "may or may not" I mean totally am. But I digress...

I hate the treadmill, I hate watching TV while I run (it was the only machine open at the time) and I hate running 3 miles. I can never get in my groove!

When I was done I skipped the weights (boooooo), jumped on an elliptical machine and stared off into space for an hour. Just kind of...zoned out.

Big 13 miler tomorrow morning! I'm hyped!



I couldn't bring myself to Google images from the Rock of Love Bus show. So instead you get a picture of Gracie Lou and I playing tug-o-war with a raggedy old squirrel toy...it is, essentially the same thing you see on that show.

3 comments:

  1. Ugh gross ,what a horrible sounding run!! Good luck tomorrow on your 13! I have 12 on the schedule, yikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a nasty run...I hope the weather is nice for you tomorrow! It's supposed to be 70 degrees here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you did 3 miles and then AN HOUR on the elliptical!! Crazy, woman! Good for you, and good luck with your long run tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete