Friday, January 30, 2009

I gotta fly to St. Somewhere; I'm close to bodily harm

Louisville is now the Third Circle of Hell.

Snow storm + ice storm + more snow = ARE YOU KIDDING ME??

You always meet someone who has relocated from Michigan or Minnesota or some other northern territory and they always give you the old "Oh, you think this is snow?!" business and I always just want to smack them in the head.

And then there's the "People in Kentucky don't know how to drive when it snows!" and to this I say, "Yes, and I AM ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE."

If there is any snow on the roads you can bet I'm not driving in it. I drive an SUV, sure, but my SUV has rear-wheel drive which spells certain death in this weather. Why would an SUV have rear-wheel drive? So I can tow my boat. If I had one.

Needless to say, our gym has been closed for a week. So I've been putting in time on the good ol' exercise bike. Bleh.

2 comments:

  1. Nice JB quote there....if your gym is closed, hit up Highland Fitness on Bardstown...its been open the whole time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I may henceforth use a Buffett quote for every blog entry until we hit 70 degrees!

    ReplyDelete