Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The gauntlet has been thrown down...

...and it smells like fajitas!

After the honeymoon, Hubs and I conceded to the fact that we would have to wait many, many years to have a vacation like that one. And then we conceded to the fact that ANY vacation would be hard to come by until I graduate from law school and make a dent in paying back my loans.

Well, that line of thought lasted about seven months, because we booked a Mexican cruise this morning. We just couldn't stop ourselves. It's snowing outside, and I get to go on a cruise in May. YESSSSSSSSSSS.

Now race-training will merge with bathing-suit training-- this certainly ups the stakes. I'm not going to ever be a "competitive" runner, but I will have to squeeze into a bikini in a few short months. That means hitting the gym more (often two times a day) and really sticking to the stupid non-diet diet. But, aaaaaaaaaaah Mexico. Ay ay ay!

Training schedule for tonight:

  • 3 miles
  • Weight training: legs, core (boo bathing-suit training)

AY AY AY!

No comments:

Post a Comment