Monday, December 29, 2008

Fueled by Krispy Kreme and Lil Wayne

I'm new to the world of distance running, so the concept of supplements is foreign to me. My knowledge of proper pre-aerobic eating/drinking habits is limited to the following:
  • Avoid dairy
  • Go easy on the booze (this was a particular challenge for some of my lax teammates...ah, memories)

And then I started stalking running blogs and discovered this whole new world of gels, hydration belts, sports beans and other edible materials of questionable consistency (read: goo). My cousin, a cyclist, further confirmed the benefits of performance enhancing products and made some recommendations. So, I caved and grabbed a couple packs of Shot Bloks for my New Year's Day race. I'll let you know how it goes.

It's a win/win situation: either I will legitimately experience a Hulk-like-shirt-ripping energy boost or I will THINK I am having Hulk-like-shirt-ripping energy boost. Either way I'm ripping my shirt.

Or not...it's going to be cold and my jacket is new.

No comments:

Post a Comment