Monday, July 20, 2009

My First Trail Run

Knee still hurts, but not enough to stop me from getting out in this GREAT weather and running.

And today I tried my hand (and feet) at trail running...

And it. Was. AWESOME.

It was a "short" 1.25 mile loop, but I went the wrong way (a couple times) and ended up doing 3 miles on the trail.

It took a while to get used to that wobbley feeling in my ankles, but then I felt like I was absolutely FLYING down that trail.

It was certainly a different running experience-- now my calf and quads are more sore than they've been in a long time.

But it was rewarding enough that I will do it again...and soon.

Heck, I've even made a new blog tag for it-- that's commitment!

4 comments:

  1. ( image old lady sitting on bench): So you just rrraaaaaaann ?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOH aren't they fun??? Your abs get a great workout too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you say a "short" 3 miles, I wouldn't have made it past a couple of yards! I changed my URL address and I am faithful follower once again :) I missed you blog, come check out my new page!

    ReplyDelete