Monday, October 12, 2009

Epic (fail) Return

HEY HEY!

Ok, so I haven't posted in two months...epic fail. But I have a good excuse! I'm a 1L! That's a totally legit excuse, right D.A.R.?!

Anyway, I didn't run that Downtown Doubler and I haven't trained for the L'Ville half. I haven't posted on Run the Ville and I haven't posted a +10 mile run since my marathon.

But the world keeps spinning!

But I have kept running, just not training. I'm running 100% in my Five-Fingers, even on the treadmill...which, I must say, is quite the audio-sensory experience with the THUDTHUDTHUD sound feet-with-no-padding-on-treadmill makes.

What can I say about being a 1L? Well, the most frustrating part of it all is the constant feeling of being one step behind. Even if I've read and briefed for class, there is always something else I could be doing.

For me, one day ahead is behind. There is no such thing as "being on top" of things.

I fully plan on diving back into training come Christmas Break. So I'll go retool the ol' race calendar and see how it goes.

Hope everyone's training is going well...I can't wait to cross (any) finish line again!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back dearie!! Hope 1L is going okay!

    And get used to that feeling....haha! It doesn't stop in practice :) You just learn to live with it and know that EVERYONE else feels the exact same way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! It's been a busy time for a lot of people. I can finally get back to running after a long hiatus due to work. Look forward to reading your comings and goings again.

    ReplyDelete